Serving Size: 1
Calories: 214 • Total Fat: 8g • Total Carbohydrate: 9g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 28g (Vitamin B-6: 22% • Niacin: 64% • Selenium: 29%)
High Protein • Good Source of Omega 3’s • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Dairy Free • Good source of B-Vitamins
This recipe is a fan favorite! It’s an excellent source of protein and healthy fats so add a side of carbohydrates to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
Dysphagia Level 1 – Pureed – puree cooked chicken. Puree avocado and salsa and season with taco seasoning. Top chicken with pureed avocado mixture. Omit beans and corn.
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – replace chicken breast with ground chicken. Puree avocado and salsa and season with taco seasoning. Use pureed avocado mixture as a sauce with the ground chicken. Omit beans and corn.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – make recipe as is. Omit corn.
Tex-Mex Avocado Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 4 tbsp chunky salsa
- 4 tbsp black beans
- 4 tbsp fresh corn, cooked
- 1/2 avocado, cut into thin slices
- taco seasoning, low sodium
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 tbsp each of salsa, black beans and corn.
- Place 2-3 thin slices of avocado on top of each piece of chicken and serve.