Serving Size: 2 tbsp
Calories: 51 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 7g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 2.5g • Vitamin B-6 (66%) • Folate (12%) • Niacin (36%) • Riboflavin (72%) • Thiamin (81%)
Low Calorie • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Vegan • High in B-Vitamins • Good for Energy and Metabolism
This dip is mostly carbohydrates and a little fat. Enjoy it with some fresh vegetables and pair it with a meal comprised of protein and some additional fat.
Dysphagia Level 1 – Pureed – make recipe as described and serve with pureed protein
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – make recipe as described and serve with chopped protein
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – make recipe as described and serve with cooked vegetables and soft, tender meat
margherita Pizza Hummus
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped + more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas, nutritional yeast, salt, basil, onion powder, oregano, parsley, tomato paste, garlic, water and cayenne pepper (if using) to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Continue pulsing while adding olive oil 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached. *Add more water if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve alongside fresh vegetables or baked crackers if desired.