Serving Size: 1
Calories: 162 • Total Fat: 5g • Total Carbohydrate: 2g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 22g • Vitamin A (18%) • Vitamin C (20%) • Vitamin D (10%) • Riboflavin (10%)
High Protein • High in Good Fats • Low Carb • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Good for Skin, Teeth, Bones, Eyes • Good for Immunity
This recipe is mostly protein and fat. Serve it with a serving of carbohydrates such as fresh berries, a baked apple pie donut or a pumpkin spice coffee donut for a balanced meal.
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – chop entire recipe, including egg waffle, and omit salsa. Top with mashed avocado if desired.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – omit salsa and top with mashed avocado if desired.
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup frozen stir-fry vegetables
- cooking spray
- fresh cilantro, optional
- dried herbs to taste (oregano, basil, parsley)
- salsa, for topping (optional)
- hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Preheat waffle maker. *Note: This recipe works best with a standard waffle maker, not a Belgian waffle maker. If using a Belgian waffle maker you will need to add more egg whites and nutritional content will change.*
- In a non-stick skillet sprayed lightly with cooking spray, add vegetables and saute until cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Add dried herbs.
- Spray waffle maker lightly with cooking spray. Whisk egg and egg whites and pour into waffle maker. When cooked, remove egg “waffle” and lay flat. Fill waffle with vegetables and roll into a burrito. Top with salsa and hot sauce if desired. *Tip: secure with a toothpick for presentation*