Serving Size: 1
Calories: 160 • Total Fat: 1g • Total Carbohydrate: 9g (Fiber: 0.5g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 26g (Vitamin B-12: 20% • Vitamin C: 22% • Selenium: 61%)
Low Calorie • High Protein • Low Sodium • Good for Immunity • Metabolism Booster
This recipe is mostly protein and a little carbohydrates. Serve with some fat and an additional side of carbs to keep it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – omit tomato jam. Chop cod and top with plain tomato sauce and cheese instead.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – omit tomato jam. Cook cod according to recipe and top with plain tomato sauce and cheese instead.
Roasted Cod with Red Wine Balsamic Tomato Jam
- 4 cod fillets (or other whitefish), 4 oz each
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (divided into 1 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut 1 cup of cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, season fish with black pepper and place on a separate baking sheet. When tomatoes have been baking for 10 minutes, place fish in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes alongside tomatoes.
- While fish and tomatoes are baking, prepare the tomato balsamic jam.
- Place remainder 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes into small food chopper or food processor and finely chop. Add balsamic vinegar and red wine to a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes, thyme, garlic, and red chili flakes (optional) and allow to simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove roasted tomatoes and fish from oven and top with jam. Garnish with additional dried thyme and red chili flakes if desired.