Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 109 • Total Fat: 0g • Total Carbohydrate: 22g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 3g
Low Fat • Low Sugar • Good Source of Fiber • 100% Whole Grain • Dairy-Free
I love the smell this bread fills my house with while it’s baking! Since it’s mostly carbohydrates, enjoy a slice with a meal mostly composed of protein and some fat to keep your blood sugar stable.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – bake and serve according to recipe
Chocolate Stout Beer bread
Servings: 16 slices
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 12oz chocolate stout beer, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, applesauce, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add beer and mix until dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a 9″x5″ loaf pan lightly coated with cooking spray and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
- To store: allow bread to cool completely. Wrap cooled loaf in a dry cloth or towel and place in a paper lunch bag. Bread will keep for 4-5 days.
- To freeze: allow bread to cool completely. Cover cooled loaf in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag.