Serving Size: about 1/3 cup
Calories: 101 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 14g (Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 4g (Vitamin B-6: 15% • Vitamin C: 89% • Folate: 17% • Manganese: 16%)
Rich in Omega 3’s • High Fiber • High Protein • Low Sugar • Metabolism Booster • Good for Immunity
This side dish is mostly carbohydrates and a little fat. Pair it with a meal composed mostly of lean protein to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – omit buckwheat and olives
Roasted Cauliflower with Mushrooms and Olives
- 1 12oz bag fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 T raw buckwheat groats
- cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place cauliflower, mushrooms and garlic on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place buckwheat groats in a dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring continuously, until just browned, about 3-4 minutes. *Watch them closely so they don’t burn*
- When cauliflower is roasted, add olives to pan and roast an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted buckwheat groats. Serve warm.